The group’s primary purpose is to provide a safe and confidential environment in which to share decisions facing us. By sharing something that is top of mind with other business owners a member will get feedback on how others handled the topic so she/he can make a more informed decision. Several hundred years of leadership experience is represented in the room.
The time commitment for a member is two-fold. Membership includes a monthly 90-minute personal coaching session, called a one-to-one. This is held virtually via Zoom and is facilitated by Pete Michaels. This is an opportunity for the member to discuss what it is that is currently most pressing in their life and discover through curious questioning possible solutions.
The all-day monthly meeting, held on the third Wednesday of the month from 9 a.m to 3 p.m. (Pacific Coast time), provides an escape from the daily life of interruptions experienced as a business owner and allows the member to work “on” their business instead of “in” their business for one day a month. In addition to discussing issues facing one another and receiving helpful suggestions, we share and track key performance indicators; analyze each other’s financial performance; share best practices; set and track monthly, quarterly and annual goals; and host professional presenters who conduct interactive workshops on business topics.
Description of industries in The BAR
- A 90+ year old company which is a distributor of emergency responder equipment.
- A fabricator and seller of rebar and related products to the construction industry.
- A designer of custom offices and seller of commercial office furniture.
- A provider of end-to-end network engineering and IT services to government, education and corporate clients.
- A manufacturer of precision metal sawing machines and automation for industrial use.
- A manufacturer of connectivity solutions for the iPhone and iPad.
- A design company specializing in PCB’s (printed circuit boards).
- A firm providing demolition services in the residential, commercial and industrial construction sectors.
- A leading retirement and benefits plan provider.
- A leader in delivering systems that collect, store, analyze and visualize information from process, manufacturing, and control systems as well as providing panel design and manufacturing.
Our Mission: To help each member increase the value of their business as if it were going to be sold.
Monthly cost is:
$1,400 (includes monthly 1-1s)
$1,300 (includes quarterly 1-1s)
$1,200 (without 1-1s)
Dues are locked for 5 years from the date of joining.